Wednesday, December 30, 2009

NT Warrior: The Incredible Rush!

Plot Synopsis
A bolt of lightning strikes SciLab one day, causing a cat virus to escape into the real world, and grow to a colossal height, towering over sky scrapers ala Godzilla. If you're thinking that's really fucking insane, I'll remind you that we haven't gotten five minutes in yet.

The next day Lan get's a visit from Rush, in the real world. Apparently, Rush and the cat virus are projecting solid holograms some how. That's seriously the explanation given, "some how." In addition to this, everyone's net navi's have turned into cats! The internet has already soured me at the idea of horrible fan art this will spawn...

Lan's Dad, Yuchiro, has come home to fix everything by writing a vaccine program, but since he doesn't know what the virus looks like, it'll take to long to make it. Lan and his friends set out to catch the cat virus. This ends up with Yuchiro summoning lightning, with his fucking laptop, into Rush, which grows him to a huge size to match the virus kitty. Rush sends the virus cat back to the cyber world where MegaMan and friends capture it. A vaccine program is written, and everything goes back to normal... except Rush still hangs out in the real world.

Critique
I seriously don't know what the fuck. Do I just chalk this episode up to a bunch of crack smoking writers having a field day and go with it? Do I mark it down for the horrible cat jokes and cringe worthy Cat-MegaMan and Roll? I mean, it's bad, but it could have been worse.

All I have to say is this. Rush saves this episode, as insane as that sounds. Maybe an explanation is better left out how the hell Rush is in the real world, and really, this incarnation of Rush is better than the fucking Scooby-Doo wannabe of Ruby-Spears. I'm tempted to give this episode a thumbs down on all the cat shit, but truth be told, the monster movie sized fight between Rush and the cat virus has to be seen. When Rush whips out the Bone-Chucks, I was in stitches the first time I saw it. This two minute sequence could be the best scene in the entire show's history, and I'm including Axess, Steam, Beast and Beast+ in that. I mean, I think this is the first time I've actually laughed out loud to this show, and that's worth something right?

Rating: Thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment