Friday, December 11, 2009

NT Warrior: Cut Episodes Part 1

Season two stars off and for the first time, some episodes aren't dubbed, and NT Warrior season 2 doesn't start in the US until the third episode in. Now they're are some fansubs of these episodes floating around, and if you are really interested in seeing them feel free to.

I will not be reviewing these missing episodes for a few reasons however. First, there's my distinct lack of interest in finding and watching these episodes. I love Mega Man more than the average person should, but I don't really care to track down a couple of inconsequential episodes for completeness sake.

Secondly, Axess has a number of episodes without fansubs, at least to my knowledge, and I don't want to review a hand full of undubbed episodes and discount others in the series. This is why I'm also not going to do any reviews of Stream or Beast or Beast + until the fansubbers that I know are working on them finish up (and frankly that might never happen at this rate). If the missing episodes of Axess are fansubbed eventually, I'll consider covering them then, but not now.

Lastly, there are way too many people who take this shit much more seriously than I do, and like to point out every single stupid tiny change to the series made by the dubbers (admittedly some of them are questionable changes) and then go on about the superiority of the original version. I don't want to be involved in that sort of nit picking, and even if I did, I certainly don't like this show well enough to invest that much interest in it. Much as I'm making fun of those people though, I'll be linking to some of their summarys of the episodes so I don't have to do it, so I appreciate them for that. But do yourself a favor and stay out of the fanart and fanfic cesspools. And the cosplay section, and the forums... and pretty much anything with the word "fan" in front of it.

What I will point out the missing episode, a brief description, reveal anything important about the episode if it has a bearing on the rest of the show, and speculate on why it was never dubbed if I have any clue why, and as I stated before, I'll link to a summary of the episode done by Rockman.exe Online, the best, and worst, fan-site for this show. I will not critique the episodes however, because I haven't seen most of them, and the ones I did see I can only speculate on what the hell they were even about, not being able to speak Japanese myself.

Episode 26
Bizarre! Mystery of the Ghost Ship!
Lan wins a world trip for his runner up prize in the N1 Grand Prix, and for his first stop, he travels to an island, and Yai decides to take everyone else there for the trip as well. Masa and Tory get kidnapped and end up on a haunted ship, and a running joke starts that MegaMan is deathly afraid of ghosts. I don't know why this was cut, but perhaps the haunted horror imagery was considered too frightening for the younger audience Viz Media was aiming for. I have no idea though.

Episode 27
To Become An Idol!
For Lan's second day at the island, a new digital pop-idol (who will quickly disappear after this season because, for fucks sake, they can't do 3D animation) Aki, becomes a singing sensation and all of the girls in the group pose as her for a contest, with really skimpy costumes, except they get kidnapped instead. Lan, Dex and Tory decide to wear the skimpy costumes so they can get kidnapped too to save Mayl and Yai, and I guess Maddy. This episode was definitely cut because of the outfits worn by Mayl and Yai, and later by Dex and Lan and Tory. While the outfits would later make it to a Canadian only episode, the cross dressing would not, and seeing Lan in a bikini seems cause enough for me to be glad it got caught. That said, I think years ago this wouldn't have been such a big deal in the Loony Tunes era, before pedofiles, furries and "fan artists" ruined everything they came into contact with.

That covers that. I'm trying to finish off Ruby-Spears tonight with one last episode to go, so I'm going count these two episodes as the NT Warrior review for now, move on to the next Star Force, then finish off with Ruby-Spears. After that, I'll probably take a break for a few days because my left pinky is really starting to kill me with pain from all the typing I've been doing lately, and I have another couple of essays coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment