Sunday, September 20, 2009

Rockman Gets Educational

For the rest of 1998, Capcom would license Rockman to some Taiwanese company to make some kiddie educational PC games. There isn't a lot of information known about these games here in the states though, and they're pretty rare. Even if I did get my hands on them, I couldn't play them as they're in Japanese... or Taiwanese... or Chinese or something, I couldn't tell you.

Rockman's IQ Challenge
Rockman X's Mathematics Tornado
Rockman DASH To Save the World
The gameplay between the three games as far as I understand is the same. They're basically a series of quizzes related to general knowledge and things elementary kids should learn. I'd imagine they have a few animations and artwork of the various characters from each series, but that's pure speculation, assuming the developers of these games even made an attempt to make them fun.

I'm going off second hand knowledge here, but we know for sure none of these games are apart of the official Rockman/Mega Man time-line, so you won't miss anything by not playing them. That said, there isn't a lot of information out there about them, and they are official Capcom licensed, so if you want to own EVERYTHING, put these on your lists. You can find more screenshots and information about these games here at the Mechanical Maniacs.

No comments:

Post a Comment