Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tennis and Star Carriers

Almost done, it's 2007 and there are only 4 actual reviews left to cover. It's Mega Man's 20th anniversary and Capcom is in a celebratory mood! Of note, every NES game at this year was finally released to cell phones and the Wii Virtual console got Mega Man 1 and Mega Man 2 giving gamers yet another chance to pick up these great games. Lets see what else came out.

Rockman Tennis

I don't own a lot of cell phone games... actually I just own the cell phone games that came with my phone. As someone who plays a lot of PSP and NDS... I can't say I see the appeal in playing cell phone games and this one isn't going to do anything to sway my opinion. It's Tennis... It's Mega Man... is there anything else to say?

Shooting Star Rockman: Wave Change! On Air! TV Game

You know those one shot tv console games that you occasionally see advertised for little kids, well this is one of those. Basically you get a Omega-Xis shaped buster you wear on your arm and using motion controls you wave it around and play various minigames based on Mega Man Star Force. I have to say, this would be an excellent collectors item and I really wish my sister had picked it up when she went to Japan. The game doesn't even look all that terrible and you can see a full playlist of videos of it on Youtube User VixyNyan's channel. I doubt we'll ever see this in the states, but the Wii could probably emulate it if Capcom ever decides to toss US customers a bone.
Shooting Star Rockman: Wave Transer LCD Game

Just like Battle Network PET's, Capcom wasn't quite done pushing out new LCD games to buy. You can insert battle cards into it and play a little game of which I don't know much about.

Shooting Star Rockman: Star Carrier LCD Game

Oh hey, Capcom is already up to their old tricks and they changed the Transers everyone had attached to their arms in Star Force 1 to the Star Carrier in Star Force 2. Woo hoo, guess we gotta make a new toy to promote the cartoon! Actually though, I don't think we'll see a Hunter-VG for the third game, so I guess this might be the end of a trend. Either of these LCD games are still available from importing online sources, but they're expensive and stock is running low.

Next up, Mega Man ZX Advent

No comments:

Post a Comment