Saturday, August 29, 2009

Mega Man 2 LCD

Here it is, the first LCD game by Tiger Electronics for Mega Man. LCD games like these have a few pre-made sprites that sit in immobile spots across the screen. The background is painted under the screen and generally doesn't change, while the individual sprites are overlayed on it.

From what I understand however, the Mega Man games are pretty complex for LCD games. Consisting of 8 stages with small enemies and robot masters, which should sound surprising to anyone who has played one of the typical Tiger Handhelds.

Mega Man is a bit strange as he carries a pistol now and it runs out of energy. I guess it looks more like the Mega Man 2 box art. Anyway, I can't really say much more on this game since I haven't played it and getting my hands on it probably isn't feasible for a while. For now, I'll leave you with a link to a website of someone who has gotten his hands on the game. Check out Joey's Mega Man corner. Picture stolen from some random Google Image Search.

No comments:

Post a Comment